A work in progress, I want this page to include my supply list and my favorite spots to paint.
Things to remember – trash bag, insect spray, wide-brimmed hat (no more visor since my Mom’s experience – visor + golf = skin cancer), swiss army knife
For more than a day – small pliers, hammer, large garbage bags
Places to paint-
- National Parks – Concord, MA
- Mt Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA. Lush National landmark, Victorian cemetery with extensive plantings, ponds, fountains and every imaginable type of memorial. Also has public restrooms.
- MIT campus – views of the river, bridges and lots of different architecture and construction – plus I know where the amenities are.
- Walden Pond, beautiful, saw a hummingbird there in May.
- Wellesley College –
- Train tracks along the Mystic River in Ctown – no amenities, but the number of dog walkers and Vietnamese grandmothers collecting returnables keeps it less creepy. Update: people getting too chatty, time to move on.
- Charlestown Heights, Doherty Playground – views of Chelsea, Mystic River, Tobin Bridge, Roxbury Pudding path – why did I remember this the week before Labor Day (after which the outdoor pool and its locker room, etc will be closed for the season.) A quiet place to paint and swim a few laps before work next summer.
- Elm Bank, Wellesley on route 16?
- Harvard Footbridge and bring lots of quarters.